CIRE Equity is an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company focused on the creation and preservation of wealth through targeted investments in commercial real estate in the Western United States.
We are passionate about real estate, dedicated to hard work and strive for excellence in everything that we do. We value our employees and aim to create a fun, merit-based environment that encourages hard work, creative thinking, and high-quality performance. We foster persistent improvement, and we are seeking likeminded individuals who share our attention to detail and passion for excellence to join our growing team.
Purpose Of Position
This position will focus on aspects related to real estate corporate finance, asset management, and investor reporting. This includes providing investment analysis and valuations of currently owned properties to asset management and appraisers for mark to market, supporting the budget and reforecast process, maintaining cash flow models of company assets, supporting accounting for fund analysis and models for one-off deal structures, working closely with lease administration on CAM recs, and preparing investor report metrics of the performance of each fund to our capital partners in addition to ensuring the accuracy of investor reporting software. An ideal candidate will be proactive, will possess a solid attention to detail without compromising efficiency, and will be able to independently tackle and resolve complex issues in our fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Respond to any request as it relates to the future property cash flow, capital needs, and valuations.
- Provide investment analysis on decisions related to leasing and capital expenditures.
- Provide operations team internal reporting and resources that provide useful transparency on property level assumptions and performance.
- Update property cash flows in Argus to help inform how strategic decisions impact the business plan and provide support for quarterly appraisals of the portfolio.
- Assist in the onboarding of new acquisitions into asset management by preparing property level reporting to the operations team.
- Track historical performance of assets updating financial models and presenting findings and Vital Factors (KPI’s) to the executive team and make recommendations on maximizing returns.
- Work closely with Lease Administration to establish accurate CAM reconciliation templates and work with Asset Management and Accounting departments to ensure accurate implementation into MRI.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process across departments including the integration into MRI.
- Track the financial performance of the existing portfolio on a quarterly basis and maintain a global return tracking spreadsheet.
- Work with executive team to perform various strategic valuation and stress test analyses on existing portfolio assets.
- Participate in the creation and optimization of departmental processes and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Vital Goals/Performance Measurements
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in underwriting of cash flow through attention to detail and a thorough review of legal documents.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the NOI of existing assets through analysis of cash flows and valuations.
- Maintaining continuity with accounting and investor relations software.
- Efficiently and accurately perform complex, ad-hoc financial analyses, distill key indicators and present clear and concise summaries.
- Proactively monitor the performance of all assets under management relative to pro forma and present findings to the executive team and asset management.
Key Words: FP&A Analyst, Corporate Analyst, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, Director of Portfolio Analytics, Director of Finance, Vice President of Finance, Corporate Real Estate.
- Possess a self-motivated, analytical, inquisitive, and passionate mind set.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with others.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in unique situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain a high quality of work under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate financial statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Highly proficient in real estate finance with ability to analyze and model the full scope of a real estate transaction, including syndication waterfalls.
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents such as commercial leases, CC&R’s, listing agreements, management agreements, loan agreements, and service contracts.
- Ability to write clear, professional reports, and correspondence.
Job Experience Qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a commercial (retail, industrial, office) real estate FP&A analyst, retail experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus Valuation.
- Proficient in real estate accounting software, MRI experience is preferred.
- Juniper Square and Datex experience is preferred.
- Location: Desired location is Los Angeles/Los Angeles County, however the company’s HQ is in San Diego and candidates in this area are encouraged to apply as well.
- Work Environment: the company is currently working primarily remote, however is planning to have people back in the office in some capacity as pandemic restrictions ease. The company is evaluating flexible work arrangements long-term, though candidates should expect to spend some portion of their work time in the office.