CIRE Equity is an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company focused on the creation and preservation of wealth through targeted investments in commercial real estate in the Western United States.
We are passionate about real estate, dedicated to hard work and strive for excellence in everything that we do. We value our employees and aim to create a fun, merit-based environment that encourages hard work, creative thinking and high-quality performance. We foster persistent improvement, and we are seeking likeminded individuals who share our attention to detail and passion for excellence to join our growing team.
What Makes CIRE Special
At CIRE Equity, we want our employees to be successful, and we believe that a large part of success is aligned around our unique core values that form our cultural DNA.
Relentless Cultivation of Our Potential
Executing Beyond Expectations
Innovative Thinking to Produce Value
Building Relationships Through Sincere Interactions
We value our team member’s emotional intelligence and awareness more than just technical skills because we believe creating a safe place to share openly and receive direct feedback leads to higher functioning teams and resilience to overcome any challenge. We work hard and play harder, celebrating company success as a team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As the Director of FP&A, you will lead the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis functions for the company’s investment vehicles, including the REIT, Joint ventures and separate account deals. This role will play a key role in driving strategic decision-making and optimizing financial performance. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, executive team members, and external stakeholders to ensure robust financial insights and accurate projections.
- Organizational Oversight – Provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations.
- In collaboration with co-founder and other executives, develop short-term and long-range goals and objectives along with related plans and policies, providing financial analysis to evaluate potential investments, growth opportunities, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Oversees the organization’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the company’s objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Define and track key performance metrics to assess business performance, identify trends, and measure progress toward strategic objectives.
- Direct management of FP&A Analyst
- Financial Oversight – provide direction and oversight of the financial activities of the company.
- Create and manage financial forecasting models to project performance, cash flows, and capital expenditures, incorporating market trends, economic indicators, and business drivers for both the assets and the fund.
- Oversee the valuation process.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis, highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs), risks, and opportunities to guide decision-making and optimize resource allocation.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual operating budgets, incorporating input from various departments and aligning financial plans with strategic goals.
- Coordinate budget review processes, analyzing variances and trends to provide actionable insights to executive management.
- Ensures effective work collaboration between finance and accounting departments.
- Study long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth for the company.
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Capital Markets – Support capital markets activity with financial analysis
- Evaluate current portfolio and emerging opportunities to direct actions (i.e., new lines to engage, exit from existing lines, geographic location, product type, etc.).
- Define procurement strategy:
- Methods to procure – purchase, loans, etc.
- Works with legal on deal structures.
- Collaborate with investor relations and external stakeholders to communicate the REIT’s financial performance and growth prospects.
- In collaboration with co-founder, support effective relationship management with new and existing clients.
Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
VITAL GOALS/PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Visibility of financial performance
- Accurate metrics for the portfolio performance
- Effective performance of departments & leaders under the direct oversight
- Possess a self-motivated, analytical, inquisitive, passionate, and humble mindset.
- Solid emotional intelligence which includes effective interpersonal skills, self-awareness, self-control, social perception, and social management.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of real estate financial metrics, valuation methods, and capital markets.
- Efficiency in financial modeling, forecasting techniques, and data analysis tools.
- Detail-oriented with a strategic mindset and the ability to think critically and analytically.
JOB EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of experience in financial management.
- Education may vary, though an advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or law is desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in real estate finance.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, Teams, and video conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom).
- Advanced Excel skills: data manipulation, presentation, financial functions, pivot tables, etc.
- MRI or similar accounting system and Argus are required.
The position reports directly to Trevor Smith, President
- Location: Flexibility – Los Angeles / Southern California Preferred
- Work Environment: The company is currently working primarily remote; however, the company reserves the right to bring people back into the office settings. This position would be excluded from that requirement if hired outside of Los Angeles, San Diego, and Phoenix.
- Compensation: Base Salary: $150,000-200,000 based on experience. CIRE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement (including company profit share potential), EAP, an annual bonus program, and much more.