CIRE Equity is an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company focused on the creation and preservation of wealth through targeted investments in commercial real estate in the Western United States.
We are passionate about real estate, dedicated to hard work, and strive for excellence in everything that we do. We value our employees and aim to create a fun, merit-based environment that encourages hard work, creative thinking, and high-quality performance. We foster persistent improvement, and we are seeking like-minded individuals who share our attention to detail and passion for excellence to join our growing team.
What Makes CIRE Special
At CIRE Equity, we want our employees to be successful, and we believe that a large part of success is aligned around our unique core values that form our cultural DNA.
Relentless Cultivation of Our Potential
Executing Beyond Expectations
Innovative Thinking to Produce Value
Building Relationships Through Sincere Interactions
We value our team members’ emotional intelligence and awareness more than just technical skills because we believe creating a safe place to share openly and receive direct feedback leads to higher functioning teams and resilience to overcome any challenge. We work hard and play harder, celebrating company success as a team.
Purpose Of Position
This individual will work directly with the Executive team and be relied on to cover a wide range of responsibilities including maintaining Argus files, scenario analysis for existing assets and fund level strategic planning. The position involves complex financial modeling, data analysis, reporting and presentation creation, and interpreting legal agreements such as leases, joint ventures, financings, and fund operating agreements. An ideal candidate will be proactive, possess a strong attention to detail without compromising efficiency, and be able to independently identify and resolve complex issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in Asset Management, Investor Relations, and the Executive team to develop business plans for CIRE’s portfolio of assets and funds and monitor progress toward internal business plans and against competitors.
- Build and maintain financial models for all properties and funds that serve as the foundation for financial analysis of CIRE’s investment portfolio. Become an expert at analyzing financing arrangements, JV waterfalls and fund level capitalization.
- Administer the annual property budget process by coordinating with key stakeholders. Build and maintain templates to collect budget data and provide insightful reporting.
- Maintain the integrity of financial data and KPI’s used in internal and external reporting. Assist Investor Relations with the population and review of financial data in marketing materials for existing and potential investors.
- Maintain Argus files used for internal forecasts, valuations, and ad-hoc scenario analysis. Assist with the creation of Argus files for new acquisitions.
- Conduct market analysis for existing properties and funds, including consumer demographics, comparable transactions, and analyst guidance.
- Assist with the quarterly review of the existing portfolio’s third-party appraisal reports.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Possess a self-motivated, analytical, inquisitive, and passionate mind set.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain a high quality of work under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with others.
- Ability to balance ad-hoc problem solving in a fast-paced environment while also being process oriented and mindful of the platform being built to support future growth.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP financial statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Highly proficient in real estate finance with ability to analyze and model the full scope of a real estate transaction, including syndication waterfalls.
Job Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred concentration in business, finance, or accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one of the following fields required:
- Real estate analysis/investing
- Investment banking
- Management consulting
- Corporate strategy/FP&A
- Public accounting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Prior real estate financial analysis experience preferred.
- Argus Enterprise proficiency preferred.
- MBA/CPA/CFA are a plus.
Position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Vital Goals/Performance Measurements
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in financial modeling and reporting through attention to detail and a thorough understanding of business plans, capital structure and key assumptions.
- Present analysis in a manner that is clear, crisp, concise, and consistent with CIRE messaging and branding.
- Identify opportunities improve the quality and efficiency of financial analysis tools, business processes and reports.
- Provides strong client service to internal and external stakeholders. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn, continuously improve and is receptive to coaching.
- Location: Desired location is in San Diego County, though candidates in the greater Los Angeles, CA and Phoenix, AZ areas are also encouraged to apply.
- Work Environment: the company is currently working primarily remote, however is planning to have people back in the office in some capacity as pandemic restrictions ease. The company is evaluating flexible work arrangements long-term, though candidates should expect to spend some portion of their work time in the office.
- Compensation: DOE. CIRE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement (including company profit share potential), EAP, annual bonus program, and much more.