CIRE Equity is an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company focused on the creation and preservation of wealth through targeted investments in commercial real estate in the Western United States.
We are passionate about real estate, dedicated to hard work and strive for excellence in everything that we do. We value our employees and aim to create a fun, merit-based environment that encourages hard work, creative thinking, and high-quality performance. We foster persistent improvement, and we are seeking likeminded individuals who share our attention to detail and passion for excellence to join our growing team.
Purpose Of Position
Reporting to Vice President of Property Management, successful candidate’s responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management, ground up development, entitlements, project planning, cost management, time management, quality management, and contract administration. Senior Construction Manager will interact and collaborate with property and asset management teams, general contractors, vendors and/or tenants to complete projects on time and under budget.
- Work with Asset Management to review Lease Documents regarding construction requirements such as delivery of premises, commencement dates, condition of space, work letters and set initial budgets for TI & Landlord Work
- Negotiate contracts, evaluate bids, order materials to optimize the utilization of resources, labor, materials, and equipment and ensure the procurement at most cost-effective terms
- Track preliminary lien notices, ensure collection of lien waivers prior to payment and after payment, resolve any lien issues for Landlord and Tenants before mechanics lien is filed
- Create, maintain, and control schedules or gantt charts, task generation, time estimates, milestones, and deadlines
- Identify risks and issues beforehand and troubleshoot, create contingency plans
- Read plans with thorough knowledge of the specifications and find ways to value engineer
- Coordinate the permit process with city planning departments
- Resolve problems regarding plans or specifications, conflicts with the architect, engineer and subcontractors as required
- Prepare, review and approve various reports, forms, correspondence, budget documents, and group goals/objectives
- Coordinate the daily construction operations of multiple job sites
- Work with the General Contractors to create a plan to manage the project schedule to ensure on-time delivery and within budget
- Track, monitor, review and approve change orders as needed for clients and subcontractors
- Proactively track of material orders & shipments
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with contractor
- Ensure safety regulations are followed by employees and subcontractor crews.
- Draft and coordinate delivery of weekly status reports for tenant as required
- Conduct weekly/bi-weekly or as needed inspection of construction sites
- Manage the project close out process, identify and fix any potential warranty issues
- Building turnover to Tenant and managing process once we receive possession back of space from Tenant to prepare in a condition that is ready for lease or as desired by Asset Management
- Punch list item coordination, tracking and completion
- Collect and manage a library of “as builts” for each property
- Implement technology to create efficiencies such as on-site camera systems to oversee jobs, job tracking workflows or programs to house “as builts” electronically
- Track and manage project construction budgets
- Work with accounting for job costing and approval of payments to vendors and tenants
Position reports directly to the VP of Property Management and secondarily reports to the Director of Asset Management.
Vital Goals/Performance Measurements
- Accurately budget cost and time for projects in the leasing phase
- 48 hour or reasonable turnaround time on leasing requests
- Timely completion of construction projects
- On or under budget completion of construction projects
- Establishing multiple relationships with qualified contractors in all markets
- Title on all properties are clear of liens
- Possess a self-motivated, inquisitive, passionate, and humble mind set.
- Effective management, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to read plans and understand relevant governmental regulations.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact with general contractors, subs, tenants, and vendors.
- Ability to plan, work independently and manage priorities against key deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in unique situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain a high quality of work under pressure.
- Clear and effective communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Persuasive and effective negotiation skills to achieve win-win outcomes.
Job Experience Qualifications
- 7 – 10 years of relevant hands-on construction project management; 5 – 7 years in multi-site retail project management.
- Demonstrated track record of managing construction projects on time and within established budget parameters.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
- Intermediate computer skills including proficiency utilizing Excel.
- Experience with MRI or similar job costing system preferred.
- Location: Company’s HQ is in San Diego, CA with operations in Phoenix, AZ candidates in either area are encouraged to apply.
- Work Environment: the company is currently working primarily remote, however is planning to have people back in the office in some capacity as pandemic restrictions ease. The company is evaluating flexible work arrangements long-term, though candidates should expect to spend some portion of their work time in the office.